Tenkiwi is a mobile platform for playing zero-prep storytelling games. Most of them are intended to be played with other people - either in the same room or online via something like Zoom. The majority of gameplay is prompt based, each person playing using their phone as a controller and taking a turn to answer the prompt on a card or pass it along.
The goal is to build out a suite of games that are as easy to pick up and play with friends as Jackbox, but with roleplaying as the core part of gameplay.
Games currently supported
(a few others in active development)
- (Built in) For the Captain - A Descended from the Queen Game about a space captain pulling together a crew for one last desperate mission (Think Star Trek Picard)
- (Built in) Culinary Contest - A slightly competitive game about intergalactic chefs competing on a reality show where they judge each other's dishes (Think Chopped, but in Space)
- This Mission is Redacted - A game about agents of a shadowy government agency known as the External Containment Bureau solving a paranormal mystery.
- Outsider Blues - A solo journaling game about being alone
- The Laughing Kobold - A GMless Charge game about the challenges of running a restaurant in a high-fantasy realm.
The ability to easily add and build more using the same rules via spreadsheets is core to the platform - this allows creators to build new games just by typing prompts into a Google spreadsheet.
Note - I'd love to add games from other creators, in case someone would like to host their Descended from the Queen game or try out the expanded rules of Culinary Contest. Reach out on the discussion board to learn more, or join our discord - https://discord.gg/qCRRaJ2MBj
Tenkiwi uses art partially sourced from Midjourney's AI.